A Fantastic First Week!
We are really glad to see so many returning families and few new additions to the Saint Peter Family. It was a week filled with many wonderful memories, with many more to be made. We are looking forward to another great week.
We appreciate all the families that have completed their start-up packages through Cash-Online. However, we are still missing a significant number. Normally, this would not be an issue but we are having our first Mass at Church on Tuesday! We need parental permission through Cash-Online for all of our students to attend. There is no cost to this event, but we need parental permission before a student participates. Please complete your Start-Up documents through Cash-Online.
Please check out the following 3 links that are helpful in understanding the expectations we have for all of our students in the Saint Peter community.
School Agenda Insert Saint Peter 2019: This contains the code of conduct as well as key dates and links to educational websites your child may be visiting.
Greenslip Behavioural Support System: This describes the new school wide behaviour support system and communication system so everyone will be kept in the loop and we can partner together to support all of our students to make positive choices.
BYOD Saint Peter Policy 2019-20: A paper copy went home to all students who wish to bring a device to Saint Peter in grades 4 to 8. Please discuss this agreement with your child, as it is important that school, parent and child are on the same page. If your child wishes to bring a device, they must understand and agree to follow this policy. If you do not feel your child is old enough or mature enough to understand and uphold this agreement, we fully support you in having your child leave their device at home or not possessing one at all. We have enough chrome books at school to ensure equitable access and no student will ever be left out. This policy also aligns with the current direction coming from the Ministry of Education, as the devices should only be used for educational purposes at the direction of the classroom teacher (Unless there is a medical or special education exemption).
Monday, September 9th
- Return Start Up Packages
Tuesday, September 10th
- Saint Peter School Mass at 1PM at St. Patrick Parish in Cambridge.
- ALL are welcome to attend. Father Ross would love to have as many families join us as possible.
Wednesday, September 11th
- Spirit Wear Day: Wear Red, Black and Grey and any Saint Peter Gear you have.
Thursday, September 12th
- Continue to Sign Up for Clubs and Teams You Want To Be Involved With
- Return Start Up Packages
- Critical Medical Plan of Care Update meetings
Friday, September 13th
- Friday Follow on Twitter! Follow us @StPeterCES
Looking Beyond This Week…
- Meet the Teacher Community BBQ (Monday, September 16th 5 to 7 PM)
- WE Day Trip (September 19th)
- P.A. Day (September 20th)
- Safety Drill Week: Fire Drills, Lockdown and Tornado Drill (Week of September 23rd)
- First Parent Council Meeting (6:30PM September 24th) All are Welcome!
- Grade 7 Confirmation Retreat (October 2nd and 3rd)
- Rosary Liturgy at Saint Peter School (November 26th at 9AM)