A Great Week Last Week and an Even Better Week Ahead!
Really glad we are all together again! Here are some memories from last week…
It rained a lot. But we did not let the inclement weather spoil our fun!
We did some great Number Sense Routines in Math with Mrs. Monteiro and some Guided Reading in Literacy Mr. Smart
Mrs. Petro’s Grade 1s worked hard to organize our Food Drive! Please Keep Bringing Items in.
Our Grade 7s learned about Confirmation at the information night and as they built community at the retreat
We had lots of fun in Kindergarten
Our Student Teachers were working hard supporting students as well. We are grateful to have teacher candidates from Queen’s with us!
We even managed to clean up our school yard a little bit!
Picture Day is This Week on Thursday!
Picture Day is coming this week on Thursday, October 10.
After Picture Day, order your pictures on mylifetouch.ca using your Portrait ID and Access Code which can be found on your Picture Day order form.
Nutrition For Learning Charity Breakfast
On November 8th Nutrition for Learning is hosting our first Annual Community Breakfast Fundraiser happening at the Stanley Park Community Centre. The event is a drop-in breakfast from 7:30-9:30am where guests will have the opportunity to have breakfast which is provided by a group of local restaurants. Click on the flyer for details. This program makes a HUGE difference in our community at Saint Peter!
Tickets can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/community-breakfast-fundraiser-tickets-65427891585 and are $35.00 each.
STRONG START GET READY FOR SCHOOL. HUGE OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS BORN IN 2016!
The Get Ready for School™ program is delivered right here at Saint Peter. If you have a child that was born in 2016, this program is for you. We are reserving a limited number of spots for Saint Peter families. If you would like to have a spot reserved, you need to reach out to Mr. Hunt to make sure you keep your spot. It is essentially FREE preschool twice per week with a huge focus on literacy and getting ready for school. This is a $15 000 program that is FREE! Please let Mr. Hunt know ASAP if you would like a spot reserved for your 3 year old.
The program, which consists of 44 two-hour classes, is delivered by trained instructors and volunteers who work with children ages 3-4 from January or February to June, just prior to their start in Junior Kindergarten. This highly effective research-based program was created by Dr. Iuliana Baciu. The program focuses on helping children develop essential early literacy skills. The emphasis on increasing vocabulary, letter-sound knowledge, and classroom learning behaviours are all essential building blocks for children as they prepare to enter their formal school experience.
Fire Drill Safety Week Continues…Again
Due to CUPE work to rule, we did not want to add any additional challenges to the week. We decided not to complete our drills. We will complete one more fire drill and several lockdown drills this week. Thank you for your understanding. We will begin on Tuesday so you can discuss with your child tonight.
A Huge THANK YOU to all the parents and guardians who volunteer for us. In order to do so, you needed to submit a valid police check with a vulnerable sector screen. If you have already done that, this year you will need to complete an offence declaration. Essentially, this lets you tell us if you have been convicted of a crime since your police check, or that you have continued to be a crime-free member of the community :). Please take the time to submit the page to Mrs. Ullmann so she can update her records and you can join the class on an excursion or help out at an event like Track and Field. Maybe you would consider being one of the heroes in the school who supports our strong start program and help the youngest learners in our building learn to read. All the training is provided and we would love to assemble a larger team. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Farrow.
Document to Fill Out if you already have a police check: Saint-Peter-Volunteer-Offence-Declaration
Letter to obtain a police check for only $10 : Signed Volunteer Letter
Monday, October 7th
- CUPE AGREEMENT REACHED! Everyone is at school!
- Food Drive! Keep bringing in Tuna, Canned Vegetables and Pancake Mix as they are important staples that are always in demand.
Tuesday, October 8th
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Pizza Day
- LAST DAY FOR THE FOOD DRIVE!
Wednesday, October 9th
- Study Hall At Lunch
Thursday, October 10th
- PICTURE DAY TODAY!
- Grade 4 Bible Presentation at 9:30 AM
- Study Hall at Lunch
Friday, October 11th
- LONG WEEKEND! Happy Thanksgiving!
Monday, October 14th is THANKSGIVING
- No School Today.
Looking Beyond This Week…
- Intermediate First Aid and CPR Training (October 15th)
- Thanksgiving Liturgy at 8:30 AM-Led by Mrs. Schell’s Class (October 16th)
- Federal Election: Saint Peter is a Polling Station (October 21st)
- P.A. Day: No School for Students (October 25th)
- Umbrella Assembly at 10:00 AM-Focus is Grit Led by Mrs. Schell’s and Mrs. Farrow’s Classes (October 28th)
- Grade 3s at Safety Village (October 29th)
- Grade 7 Immunizations (October 31st)
- Happy Halloween (October 31st)
- All Saints Day (November 1st)
- Progress Reports Go Home (November 5th)
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences (November 7th)
- Remembrance Day Liturgy @ 10:45AM -Led by Mrs. MacMillan and Mrs. Harrington’s Students (November 11th)
- World Diabetes Awareness Day-Wear Blue (November 14th)
- P.A. Day: No School for Students (November 15th)
- Rosary Liturgy at Saint Peter School -Led by Mr. Smart’s Class (November 26th at 9AM)
- Umbrella Assembly @ 12:15PM -Focus is Self-Compassion Led by Mrs. Faria’s and Mrs. LeDrew’s Classes (December 2nd)
- Grade 5 Students go to the Safety Village (December 3rd)
- P.A. Day : No School for Students (December 6th)
- Advent Mass Led by Mrs. Petro’s Class at 8:45AM at School with Father Ross (December 12th)
- Umbrella Assembly @ 8:40AM -Focus is Resilience – Led by Mrs. Haman and Mrs. Harrington (December 16th)
- Christmas Vacation Begins (December 21st)