We hope everyone had a wonderful time at Thanksgiving. One of the reasons this time of year is so special is that it calls each one of us to be thankful, no matter what our present situation is. In Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians he writes, “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” At Saint Peter, we have so much to be grateful for.
We have been working on demonstrating gratitude as part of our umbrella project, along with our classroom goals. Our Spirit Meter recently passed the first reward marker! Students will be choosing their first reward this week. Stay tuned…
One of the ways that we demonstrated gratitude was giving back to the St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry at St. Patrick’s Parish. 6 of our WE team members helped move all of the food that our community donated, and then worked alongside community members to sort and unpack the food by type and expiry date. We donated well over $1200 worth of food. A special thank you to Mrs. Petro’s class for collecting the food each day and a shout out to Mrs. Woodworth for driving our WE team to the pantry. Way to go Saint Peter!
We were also grateful for Deacon Terry and his visit to Saint Peter. He was here to present Bibles to the grade 4 students. Thank you to Mr. Smart and Mr. Gallipeau for organizing this celebration.
Nutrition For Learning Charity Breakfast
On November 8th Nutrition for Learning is hosting our first Annual Community Breakfast Fundraiser happening at the Stanley Park Community Centre. The event is a drop-in breakfast from 7:30-9:30am where guests will have the opportunity to have breakfast which is provided by a group of local restaurants. Click on the flyer for details. This program makes a HUGE difference in our community at Saint Peter!
Tickets can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/community-breakfast-fundraiser-tickets-65427891585 and are $35.00 each.
STRONG START GET READY FOR SCHOOL. HUGE OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS BORN IN 2016!
The Get Ready for School™ program is delivered right here at Saint Peter. If you have a child that was born in 2016, this program is for you. We are reserving a limited number of spots for Saint Peter families. If you would like to have a spot reserved, you need to reach out to Mr. Hunt to make sure you keep your spot. It is essentially FREE preschool twice per week with a huge focus on literacy and getting ready for school. This is a $15 000 program that is FREE! Please let Mr. Hunt know ASAP if you would like a spot reserved for your 3 year old.
The program, which consists of 44 two-hour classes, is delivered by trained instructors and volunteers who work with children ages 3-4 from January or February to June, just prior to their start in Junior Kindergarten. This highly effective research-based program was created by Dr. Iuliana Baciu. The program focuses on helping children develop essential early literacy skills. The emphasis on increasing vocabulary, letter-sound knowledge, and classroom learning behaviours are all essential building blocks for children as they prepare to enter their formal school experience.
Tuesday, October 15th
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Pizza Day
- First Aid and CPR Training for Intermediates
Wednesday, October 16th
- Study Hall At Lunch
- Thanksgiving Liturgy at 8:30 AM Led by Mrs. Schell’s Class. All are Welcome.
Thursday, October 17th
- Study Hall at Lunch
Friday, October 18th
- LONG WEEKEND! Happy Thanksgiving!
Looking Beyond This Week…
- Federal Election: Saint Peter is a Polling Station (October 21st)
- P.A. Day: No School for Students (October 25th)
- Umbrella Assembly at 10:00 AM-Focus is Grit Led by Mrs. Schell’s and Mrs. Farrow’s Classes (October 28th)
- Saint Peter Catholic Parent Advisory Council: All are welcome to attend. (Oct 29th)
- Grade 3s at Safety Village (October 29th)
- Grade 7 Immunizations (October 31st)
- Happy Halloween (October 31st)
- All Saints Day (November 1st)
- Progress Reports Go Home (November 5th)
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences (November 7th)
- Remembrance Day Liturgy @ 10:45AM -Led by Mrs. MacMillan and Mrs. Harrington’s Students (November 11th)
- World Diabetes Awareness Day-Wear Blue (November 14th)
- P.A. Day: No School for Students (November 15th)
- Rosary Liturgy at Saint Peter School -Led by Mr. Smart’s Class (November 26th at 9AM)
- Umbrella Assembly @ 12:15PM -Focus is Self-Compassion Led by Mrs. Faria’s and Mrs. LeDrew’s Classes (December 2nd)
- Grade 5 Students go to the Safety Village (December 3rd)
- P.A. Day : No School for Students (December 6th)
- Advent Mass Led by Mrs. Petro’s Class at 8:45AM at School with Father Ross (December 12th)
- Umbrella Assembly @ 8:40AM -Focus is Resilience – Led by Mrs. Haman and Mrs. Harrington (December 16th)
- Christmas Vacation Begins (December 21st)