An Excellent Week of Learning…
Hi Defender Families,
We had an excellent week of learning from JK all the way to Grade 8. Here is some of what we did last week:
Mrs. Faria and Mrs. Cabral’s class was working on the Letter 0 as the the sound of the week. I also had the pleasure of learning about rhymes through song. If you have heard your child singing about a pig who is real big and wears a wig while doing a jig, it is safe to say they are doing their homework :). Later on in the week I caught them making these really cool marble mazes. Such creative builders!
Our Grade 6s were working in small groups with our Math Coach as they continue to build understanding in Fractions
Our Grade 1s were working on properties of shapes. We had quite the debate over what it means to call something a rectangle!
Some of our AWESOME grade 2s were creating surveys and analyzing data. Cannot wait to see the results!
Our Grade 8s were getting ready for Mount Mary by creating masks. While I visited them at their retreat, I found them helping with the dishes, using their drama skills and engaging in a lot of community building both in scheduled activities and during some free time. They were excellent representatives of Saint Peter. A huge thank you to Mrs. Schell, Mrs. Robertson, and Mrs. Sonyi for taking them to the retreat. Also a shout out to the staff who visited for dinner and fun on Thursday night!
Finally our whole community came together to welcome the grade 8s back on Friday Afternoon!
Registration is Open! Tell your Friends!
~~ Parents can access the Online Registration form by clicking on the Register for School link on the WCDSB Homepage and then choosing either Kindergarten Registration, Elementary Registration or Secondary Registration. The link to Online Registration can be found on each page under the “Registration Options”
~~ Children born in 2016 are eligible for Year 1 Kindergarten (JK).
~~ Children born in 2015 are eligible for Year 2 Kindergarten (SK).
~~ When registering your child to attend a Catholic elementary school you must be prepared to provide proof of the child’s date of birth and either the child’s Catholic baptismal certificate or the Catholic baptismal certificate of at least one parent or guardian.
~~ If you are non-Catholic, but wish to explore a Catholic education for your child(ren), please review the WCDSB Admissions to Catholic Elementary Schools policy. Our secondary schools are open to students of all faiths.
~~ A complete list of WCDSB schools that will offer the Extended Day Program in 2020-21 will be web-posted in April, 2020. Please call your school directly for information about the Extended Day Program. A complete list of WCDSB schools currently providing the program is available via this link: Extended Day Program.
~~ For information about French Immersion programs in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge, please click here: French Immersion Registration Information.
Monday, January 20th
- Grade 8s have returned from Mount Mary!
Tuesday, January 21st (Potential Job Action and School Closure)
- Unless an agreement is reached in the labour negotiations, Saint Peter will be closed today.
- Extended day will continue to run for those already registered and CUPE Staff will be doing Professional Development.
Wednesday, January 22nd
- Study Hall At Lunch
- PIZZA DAY SHIFTED TO TODAY DUE TO JOB ACTION.
- Basketball Club at Lunch Time
Thursday, January 23rd
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Grade 8 Popcorn sales at Lunch ($1/bag, cash only, sold weekly on Thursdays)
- FUNDRAISER KICK OFF ASSEMBLY at 12:15PM
- Look for Envelopes and Details to Come home over Newswire and CASH ONLINE
Friday, January 24th
- P.A. Day. No School For Students.
- Saint Peter’s teachers will be working on updating IEPs for the students in their classes.
Looking Beyond This Week…
- #BellLetsTalk Day (January 29th) WEAR BLUE
- Mindfulness Umbrella Assembly: Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Monteiro’s classes leading (12:30PM on January 31st)
- Confirmation Rehearsal at Saint Patrick’s (February 6th)
- Confirmation at Saint Patrick’s (7PM on February 7th)
- Report Cards Go Home (February 13th)
- Term 2 IEPs Go Home (February 13th)
- Grade 7 Swim to Survive (February 13th)
- Family Day (February 17th)
- Intermediate Basketball Tournament at Msgr. Doyle (February 20th)
- Autonomy Umbrella Assembly: Mrs. Robertson and Mr. Smart’s classes leading (12:15PM February 24th)
- First Communion Parent Meeting (February 25th at 7PM at Saint Patrick’s Parish)
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy at 1:30PM at Saint Peter (February 26th)
- Grade 7 Swimming Lessons (February 27th)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (March 4th @ 8:40 AM)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (March 11th @ 8:40 AM)
- Lenten Reconciliation (Confession) at school (March 12th)
- March Break (March 16th to 20th)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (March 25th @ 8:40 AM)
- Grade 8 Grad, SK Photos, Sibling Photos and Retakes (March 26th)
- Intrinsic Motivation Umbrella Assembly at 10AM Mrs. Petro’s Class Leading (March 30th)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (April 1st @ 8:40 AM)
- Grade 2’s Visit Saint Patrick’s for Reconciliation Preparation @ 12:30PM (April 2nd)
- P.A. Day (April 3rd)
- Holy Thursday (April 9th)
- Stations of the Cross at 2PM-Mrs. Robertson’s class leading (April 9th)
- Good Friday (April 10th)
- Easter Monday (April 13th)
- First Reconciliation for Grade 2s @ 1PM (Saturday, April 18th)
- Grade 7 Immunizations (April 27th)
- Integrity Umbrella Assembly at 2PM Mrs. Faria and Mr. Gallipeau’s classes leading (April 27th)
- Crowning of Mary Liturgy at 8:45AM-Mr. Smart’s Class Leading (May 7th)
- Safety Drill Week (May 11th to 15th)
- Victoria Day (May 18th)
- Mastery/Hope Umbrella Assembly Led by Mr. Harnack’s and Mrs. Schell’s classes @ 10:45AM (May 25th)
- First Communion Rehearsal/Retreat for Grade 2s at 10AM (May 28th)
- P.A. Day (May 29th)
- First Communion at 10AM (May 30th)
- Regional Track and Field (June 9th)
- Saint Peter French Immersion Open House @ 3:30PM (June 16th)
- Saint Peter’s Feast Day/Year End Closing Mass at Saint Patrick’s led by Mrs. LeDrew and Mrs. MacMillan’s classes at 10AM (June 18th)
- Talent Show at 12:15PM in Gymnasium (June 23rd)
- Graduation (June 25th)
- Closing Assembly (June 26th)
- Last Day of School (June 26th)