A Great First Week Back!
It was a challenge for everyone to get back into routine, but it was well worth it! So many great things happening this week.
All of our teachers did some Literacy learning on Tuesday so they can continue to be current on the best ways to improve reading outcomes for all our students in K to 8.
We received a Thank You Card from one of the places that our school Advent donations went to. Thank You families for your generosity!
Our Basketball Club went to Saint Benedict’s to watch a high stakes competitive game!
We said goodbye to Mrs. Schoenfeld, a remarkable E.A. who came in to help us for 8 weeks. In her brief time with us, she made a tremendous impact on our community.
We said Hello to two new staff members. Mrs. Bradley was on the move this week and I will snap a picture of her next week for everyone. She is joining us until June as an Educational Assistant. Mrs. Dellaway, pictured below, has joined us as our librarian. She is taking on this role from Mrs. Maidment, who recently was promoted to a full time librarianship. We congratulate her on her continued success, and will miss her dearly. Fortunately, the students are already learning the great experience Mrs. Dellaway brings to the role.
We also continue on our Umbrella Project Journey. This month’s theme is Resilience. Ask your child what they are learning about this skill.
We had a really Fun Comfy/PJ Day on Thursday!
Registration is Open! Tell your Friends!
~~ Parents can access the Online Registration form by clicking on the Register for School link on the WCDSB Homepage and then choosing either Kindergarten Registration, Elementary Registration or Secondary Registration. The link to Online Registration can be found on each page under the “Registration Options”
~~ Children born in 2016 are eligible for Year 1 Kindergarten (JK).
~~ Children born in 2015 are eligible for Year 2 Kindergarten (SK).
~~ When registering your child to attend a Catholic elementary school you must be prepared to provide proof of the child’s date of birth and either the child’s Catholic baptismal certificate or the Catholic baptismal certificate of at least one parent or guardian.
~~ If you are non-Catholic, but wish to explore a Catholic education for your child(ren), please review the WCDSB Admissions to Catholic Elementary Schools policy. Our secondary schools are open to students of all faiths.
~~ A complete list of WCDSB schools that will offer the Extended Day Program in 2020-21 will be web-posted in April, 2020. Please call your school directly for information about the Extended Day Program. A complete list of WCDSB schools currently providing the program is available via this link: Extended Day Program.
~~ For information about French Immersion programs in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge, please click here: French Immersion Registration Information.
Monday, January 13th
- It’s going to be a great week. Voting on Spirit Reward!
Tuesday, January 14th
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Basketball Team Travels to St. Margaret’s
- Pizza Day
Wednesday, January 15th
- Study Hall At Lunch
- Basketball Club at Lunch Time
- Grade 8s Leave for Mount Mary
Thursday, January 16th
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Grade 8 Popcorn sales at Lunch ($1/bag, cash only, sold weekly on Thursdays)
Friday, January 17th
- Grade 8s return from Mount Mary
Looking Beyond This Week…
- School Fundraiser Launch Assembly (January 21st)
- P.A. Day (January 24th)
- Mindfulness Umbrella Assembly: Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Monteiro’s classes leading (10 AM on January 27th)
- #BellLetsTalk Day (January 29th)
- Confirmation Rehearsal at Saint Patrick’s (February 6th)
- Confirmation at Saint Patrick’s (7PM on February 7th)
- Report Cards Go Home (February 13th)
- Term 2 IEPs Go Home (February 13th)
- Grade 7 Swim to Survive (February 13th)
- Family Day (February 17th)
- Intermediate Basketball Tournament at Msgr. Doyle (February 20th)
- Autonomy Umbrella Assembly: Mrs. Robertson and Mr. Smart’s classes leading (12:15PM February 24th)
- First Communion Parent Meeting (February 25th at 7PM at Saint Patrick’s Parish)
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy at 1:30PM at Saint Peter (February 26th)
- Grade 7 Swimming Lessons (February 27th)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (March 4th @ 8:40 AM)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (March 11th @ 8:40 AM)
- Lenten Reconciliation (Confession) at school (March 12th)
- March Break (March 16th to 20th)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (March 25th @ 8:40 AM)
- Grade 8 Grad, SK Photos, Sibling Photos and Retakes (March 26th)
- Intrinsic Motivation Umbrella Assembly at 10AM Mrs. Petro’s Class Leading (March 30th)
- Lenten Prayer Gathering (April 1st @ 8:40 AM)
- Grade 2’s Visit Saint Patrick’s for Reconciliation Preparation @ 12:30PM (April 2nd)
- P.A. Day (April 3rd)
- Holy Thursday (April 9th)
- Stations of the Cross at 2PM-Mrs. Robertson’s class leading (April 9th)
- Good Friday (April 10th)
- Easter Monday (April 13th)
- First Reconciliation for Grade 2s @ 1PM (Saturday, April 18th)
- Grade 7 Immunizations (April 27th)
- Integrity Umbrella Assembly at 2PM Mrs. Faria and Mr. Gallipeau’s classes leading (April 27th)
- Crowning of Mary Liturgy at 8:45AM-Mr. Smart’s Class Leading (May 7th)
- Safety Drill Week (May 11th to 15th)
- Victoria Day (May 18th)
- Mastery/Hope Umbrella Assembly Led by Mr. Harnack’s and Mrs. Schell’s classes @ 10:45AM (May 25th)
- First Communion Rehearsal/Retreat for Grade 2s at 10AM (May 28th)
- P.A. Day (May 29th)
- First Communion at 10AM (May 30th)
- Regional Track and Field (June 9th)
- Saint Peter French Immersion Open House @ 3:30PM (June 16th)
- Saint Peter’s Feast Day/Year End Closing Mass at Saint Patrick’s led by Mrs. LeDrew and Mrs. MacMillan’s classes at 10AM (June 18th)
- Talent Show at 12:15PM in Gymnasium (June 23rd)
- Graduation (June 25th)
- Closing Assembly (June 26th)
- Last Day of School (June 26th)