We hope you are enjoying your Family Day weekend and are spending the time with those that matter the most to you. Each family looks different, but each family is valuable and belongs at Saint Peter. As part of our greater school family, we celebrate your presence in our community today. Look forward to returning together in person tomorrow.
Daily Screening and confirmation by the school remains a provincial requirement. At this time we will stop using the paper confirmation form, however students will still be asked to confirm that they have completed the screening with you at home. It is extremely important that no student comes to school not having completed their screening at home.
All Students Learning Face to Face Going Forward
The option for students to connect to their classes their Temporary Remote Learning has ended as of the Friday, February 18th, 2022. The option was provided at the request of the board and Ministry of Education while we navigated the high point of the Omicron surge. We are now a month out from the peak and while the risk of covid is not fully removed, it is far similar to where we were in the fall months. All students who did not select virtual learning for the full year are now required to return to in person learning.
We received feedback from our last Dominoes fundraiser that parents did not want pizza day at school and the evening fundraiser to be on the same day. Dominoes was responsive and they have moved our night to Thursday Evenings! Our school has been assigned the month of February, so each Thursday this month when you purchase a Large 3-topping pizza from Dominoes, $5 goes to our school. Remember to order online and use the code SGIVE.
Registration is now Open!
If you have any children who will be attending JK next year, it is the time to begin the registration process. To register visit https://www.wcdsb.ca/our-schools/register-for-school/
Vaccine Clinic Returning to Saint Peter
Please see some information regarding an end of day Vaccine Clinic being held at Saint Peter on February 28th from 2 PM to 6 PM. Please note, the regulations have not changed and no child will be vaccinated without parents being present to consent. We wanted to make it accessible to parents who would like the opportunity to get their first/second/booster or have children be vaccinated. The timing would allow families to access the clinic as part of their pick-up routine at the end of the day. Please contact Public Health for more information if you have any questions. The letter below has more detailed information. It is at the end of the document after the invitation to translate in multiple languages.
This Week at a Glance:
Monday Feb 21
- Happy Family Day
Tuesday Feb 22
- Pizza Day Today
- Happy Twos Day. Feel free to celebrate the number 2 in any way you want. Maybe you want to twin with somebody? Perhaps you want to bring 2 of the same snacks? Be creative and have fun with it. We look forward to seeing double tomorrow all day.
Wednesday Feb 23
- Pink Shirt Day. Let’s join together in a simple outward sign that stands up to bullying and shows we will be kind to everyone! Visit the Pink Shirt Day webpage for more information about this global day that originated in Eastern Canada!
Thursday Feb 24
- Popcorn Thursdays. $1.50 per bag. Send Cash with your child if they are interested in enjoying this snack. All proceeds support Grade 8 Mount Mary Trip and Graduation
- Pizza Fundraiser Night! Make it a pizza night from Dominoes and help raise money for our school.
Friday Feb 25
- Olympic Spirit Day TAKE 2! We needed to postpone due to the inclement weather day. Games in the Afternoon organized by Mrs. Smith’s and Mrs. Robertson’s classes for JK to grade 6. Lots of fun ahead.
- Pom-Pom Spirit Reward Day TAKE 2. We needed to postpone due to the inclement weather day. Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows for each student in the school!
Important Upcoming Dates
March 2 – Ash Wednesday
March 14-18 March Break
March 31 –First Reconciliation at 6PM at St. Patrick’s Parish
April 8 – PA Day
April 15 – Good Friday
April 18 – Easter Monday
April 28th –Confirmation at 7PM at St. Patrick’s Parish
May 1 –First Communion at 2PM at St. Patrick’s Parish
May 2-6 Catholic Education Week
May 23 -Victoria Day
June 3 – PA Day
June 27 -Term 2 Report Card Distribution Date
June 29 -Last Day of School