Advent Week 3 …
The Third week of Advent is about remembering the JOY that comes with knowing our Saviour is coming, and the time is drawing near. We all are experiencing different circumstances, but we are loved by a God who entered the world as a fragile baby born in a barn. He is humble and invites us to welcome Him in, wherever we are at. He cares for each of us. We continue to prepare with a week filled with Joy!
Advent Giving Project: Santa for Seniors Is Complete!
Thank you families for your generous donations! The project was a huge success and will make such a difference for those in need in our community!
Also, staff who are participating in Jeans for December have donated an additional $20 to our community charity fund. If you see our teachers dressed more casually than usual, they are contributing to a good cause and making a real difference in the community. Formal dress will return in January.
Turkey Lunch THIS THURSDAY
Our Turkey Lunch is coming up (Thursday, December 19th) and we wanted to make sure everyone was ready for the day. We our trying to live out our Catholic values of stewardship so we are asking everyone to bring your own plate and cutlery so we do not produce excess garbage. We will send it home rinsed off and it will help with our Eco-School commitment to the environment. Also, our Catholic Parent Advisory Council is heavily subsidizing the meal, but we are asking each student to bring $2 in to contribute to the costs. If your child forgets to bring something in, there will still be food and everyone will be well fed.
We are blessed with a great group of families at Saint Peter and we know that people are interested in helping out. If you would like to volunteer for the event, please reach out directly to Mr. Hunt by calling the school or sending him an email at email@example.com . It is going to be a great event for our community!
This Month’s Umbrella Skill…AUTHENTICITY
Authenticity is a skill that supports our community in many ways. When you are truly authentic, you are comfortable with yourself and much more accepting of others. Here are the connections we are working with students to make this month!
- The quality of being genuine or real
- Representing your true self instead of what you think others want you to be
- Staying true to your beliefs
- Believability and truthfulness
- Being comfortable with yourself
- When your actions match your words and values
Monday, December 16th
- Christmas Sweater Day
- Intermediate Basketball Practice After-school
Tuesday, December 17th
- Sparkle and Shine Day
- Christmas Concert: 2 Performances
- AM Concert for families with last name A to K starts at 9:00 AM at Saint Peter in the Gymnasium
- PM Concert for families with last name L to Z starts at 1:00 PM at Saint Peter in the Gymnasium
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Pizza Day
Wednesday, December 18th
- Wear Red Day
- Study Hall At Lunch
- Basketball Club at Lunch Time
Thursday, December 19th
- Wear Green Day
- Community Turkey Lunch. Bring Your Own Plate, Cutlery and Water Bottle. Also, please pay $2 through Cash-Online.
- Study Hall at Lunch
- Volleyball at lunch
- No Popcorn Sales This Week…See you in January!
- Intermediate Basketball Practice After-School
Friday, December 20th
- Dress Like Christmas Day
- Last Day of School Before Christmas Holidays
Looking Beyond This Week…
- First Day Back at School in 2020 (January 6th)
- Teaching Mass for grades 5 and 6 at St. Patrick’s Parish (January 8th)
- We would LOVE to see as many parents as possible of grade 5 and 6 students attend with your children!
- Comfy Clothes Day (January 9th)
- Grade 7 Immunizations (January 9th)
- University of Waterloo Child Cognition Lab (January 10th)
- Mount Mary Retreat (January 15th to 17th)
- P.A. Day (January 25th)
- Mindfulness Umbrella Assembly: Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Monteiro’s classes leading (10 AM on January 27th)
- Report Cards Go Home (February 13th)
- Grade 7 Swim to Survive (February 13th)
- Family Day (February 17th)
- Autonomy Umbrella Assembly: Mrs. Robertson and Mr. Smart’s classes leading (12:15PM February 24th)