Literacy and Numeracy Programs offered to all Gr 1 to 6 students in our community!
Summer Boost: July 2-20, 2018
Mon. to Fri. 8:30am – 12:30pm
Open to students enrolled in Grade 1 to 6 as of September 2018
Register and Experience the Difference Summer Boost Makes!
Want to see your child improve his/her math, reading, writing and problem solving skills and be READY for next year? Through our Summer Boost program teachers and students will experience three fun-filled weeks of learning and growing together. The goal of Summer Boost is to provide an exciting educational program aimed at improving the numeracy and literacy skills of our students.
- Experience a faith-based learning experience through prayer, meditation and integration of gospel values;
- Engage in fun literacy/numeracy activities at school and home with family members as part of the Home Numeracy/Literacy Program;
- Have a variety of opportunities for hands on learning through Scientists in Schools, Aboriginal guest speakers, robotics, coding and outside play;
- Be served healthy Nutrition for Learning snacks daily and will be engaged in regular physical activity that emphasizes teamwork, skills and sportsmanship;
- Receive an integrated arts education as cooperative activities will be designed each week to promote creativity and critical thinking as expressed through music, drama and visual arts;
- Access technology including chromebooks and ipads;
- Make new friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.
Summer Boost is FREE and registration is required.
Kitchener – St. John, Monsignor Haller, St. Dominic
Waterloo – Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Agnes
Cambridge – Holy Spirit, Christ the King
ONLINE Registration opens March 26th on Board website (wcdsb.ca)
For more information contact: