Saint Peter Parents and Guardians:
School Council is an advisory body that provides parents, staff and community representatives with the opportunity and means to advise the principal and the school board on related school issues. The Saint Peter Catholic School Advisory Council is also responsible for the organization of many school programs.
These may include:
- New policies from the Ministry of Education and the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.
- Initiatives to promote more parent involvement in school life
- Fundraising initiatives
- Support of sacramental programs and graduation ceremonies.
- Support of classroom and teacher needs: Literacy and Numeracy initiatives.
- School Improvement Plans
- Safe and Secure School and Healthy School Initiatives
- School Renewal: Site Improvement
- Health, discipline and safety concerns/issues.
- Support for the marginalized of our school and city community
WHAT ARE THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SCHOOL COUNCIL MEMBER?
Saint Peter Catholic School Council Members:
- Are people of good will who have a special commitment to the faith formation and education of our students.
- Place the overall interest of the students and Saint Peter school first.
- Have a vested interest in preserving the tradition and reputation of Saint Peter Catholic School and the preservation of the teaching of Catholic education in our publicly funded schools
- Participate in School Council meetings and school initiatives and programs.
- Seek to reach a consensus in the decision-making processes of the Council.
Past Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Meeting Minutes September 29_2020
Agendas January March and May 2019
Minutes May 9 2019
Minutes Mar 27 2019
Minutes Jan 30 2019